Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Rebirth on a Plane

So I sit here on my flight back to Los Angeles typing this blog on the notepad of a gifted iPhone with what feels Luke a new lease on life itself. Maybe it's the caffeine o my Starbucks frappuccino or maybe it's the large dunken donuts coffee with a shot of espresso. It could even be the events of the weekend. First of I should explain why I am on the plane probably. Well my great grandma died in late December, so six month later the family decided that we should have the memorial in June because we were having It in her birthplace of Mt Carmel, IL. Now if you know me you would know I am a total city boy. Mt Carmel is a town o 8000, of which it seemed like I was related to 500. This being that the town was only 50 people when my grandma was growing up. The view from my super 8 hotel window was all cornfields which I have never seen before. The great part was I got to see cousins haven't seen in 10 years and we seemed to pick up right we left off. Just now we Re all older and have more inside jokes. The funeral made me realize how much I have grown into my own world during the service I cried realizing how much Missed her and never really dealt with her passing. I will never forget the homemade lemon meringue pies for my birthday and my quilt she made me is one of my prized possessions. Also I noticed with all the stuff going on I really blocked everythingng out so I need to be getting back to my roots. I have been out of touch with my past leaving everything about it behind. Which is both good and bad. Good because I have matured from that wide eyed boy fresh in la la land that was there to be a rock star to the opportunistic veteran. I have turned my every night partying for networking and a graveyard shift, and I have been coaching a high school swim team for 3 years now with last year being a head coach. Now I know I still have to grow up more, as I still play beer pong and own a slip and slide (which i broke my nose on) and 3 personal water guns. Bad because I am becoming to la: a little self centered with an ego that grows every minute. I really need to start harnessing that for good.
anyways now for a quick recap of the time lost in what I think may bs a year since I wrote last. I got out of a bad roommate situation, into a very awkward one, started working at a place that underpaid me but made a movie a month so I now have 5 new credits on imdb, lived in the same room as my best friend for about 3, was In A relationship for 6 months, 3 of which were long distance, grew a beard, moved into a house, shaved beard, had a 3 hour break up over skype, started a new job. I think that catches us up. I m pretty sure I got more but they are starting to serve drinks on the plane and you know I got to get me some Dr pepper so be well all and always stay thinking.

PS this post is dedicated to my late great grandma whose last words pretty much summed up her life "I won" and she did. I Love you so much and thank you for always having love for us all. The last half is dedicated to my friend Kelli soon-not-to-be Dunaway thank you tor the motivation to write again it's always good to know o am not just writing for my self.

No comments: